What causes painful joints with history of knee replacement?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I am 72 years ,have had knee replacement twice,crushed l1,l2 l3 vert.6 yrs ago,have usuaual aches,work 3 days a week. 3 days ago I woke up with very achey joints, felt like every bone ,from top to bottom really hurt,had to sit down,and still had pain,was the devil trying to stand up again, I am not a quitter,but this about put me down.I was at Stanford uni. and they gave me drugs so now I can sleep,first time sinc 2000.but this unusual bone pain has me scared...please help
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get investigations done.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

It is very great to know that your worked for 3 days a week at the age of 72.

From your symptoms it seems that in previous days you might have done some heavy work and had not taken your medication or diet properly.

I suggest you to get your thyroid status, fasting blood sugar levels and morning blood pressure levels checked and send me the reports.

Till then you should take rest and try to avoid squatting and pushing/pulling of heavy objects.

Take your medication regularly. Add tablet of aceclofenac+thiocolchicoside combination by the prescription of your local doctor in your already prescribed medications.

Do back and quadriceps strengthening exercises as uploaded on you tube.

Have balanced diet, avoid smoking and drinking.

Apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening to all your joints.

I hope it helps.

Thanks.

Dr.Singh.