What causes painful gassy feeling on left side of stomach?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: why do ii have very painful gassy feeling on left side of my belly? coulld it be from ovulation?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I need to know the exact location - upper or lower abdomen

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query but have a couple of things to ask. First of all, I need to ask when did you have your last menstrual period. An ovulation is expected to occur around the 14th day counting from the day of first bleeding of your last cycle. If it is not the right time, it is not due to ovulation. It could be due to hyperacidity or constipation depending upon what the situation might be.