What causes painful cramps in the chest during physical activity?
I have had EKGs done, abdominal ultrasound, and a stress echo due to pain in this area. I also have had an endoscope which found mild irritation in the esophagus and stomach. I also have had pains along the lower ribs on each side, but mostly on the left. Is this something to follow up on (again) with my doctor?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome to HCM!
I carefully passed through your question and would explain that your symptoms seem to be related to musculoskeletal pain and inflammation.
In my opinion there is nothing to be concerned about!
All the pain characteristic that you describe are typical of musculoskeletal pain.
I would exclude any possible cardiac disorders related to your symptomatology.
There is no need to perform further tests for this issue.
I would recommend avoiding straining physical activity and take acetaminophen or ibuprofen for the pain ( ibuprofen may exacerbate your gastro-esophageal problems and thus should be used rarely).
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Opinion as follows:
An abdominal aortic aneurysm may be quite easily detected by abdominal ultrasound exam.
In fact abdominal ultrasound has a high sensibility (>96%) and specificity (100%) for detecting an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
So, my answer is YES!
You should relax, as you have resulted clear by abdominal ultrasound test. There is no presence of AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm).
In case of any further uncertainties, feel free to ask me again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes cramping during urniation
- Can menstrual cramps cause chest pain
- What causes abdominal pain and cramps during pregnancy
- What causes upper tummy cramp during pregnancy
- What causes painful cramps on the ribcage
- What causes chest infection cold cramps and abdominal pain
- What causes sharp pain in stomach with cramps and shits
- What causes stomach cramps during running
- What causes chest pain during physical excertion
- What could cause severe cramps and back pain