What causes painful bumps near vagina after protected sex?

Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: Hi doctor,
I am 20 years old and I just recently lost my virginity to my boyfriend. It has been 4 days since we had sex and I now have a pain down there, and when I looked down there (with my camera phone) I noticed bumps that look like they are filled with blood. We used a condom and I am very scared but I can't see a doctor til after the weekend.. What could this be??
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HI

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

Can you please upload a pic as its difficult to tell unless i see it.

Feel free to consult me directly
http://bit.ly/drsombiswas

Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 12 minutes later
I uploaded it. I'm not sure if you can see it, but if you can please please please let me know if I can stop panicking!
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry

Detailed Answer:
Dear,

Yes i have seen your pic.

It looks like a NORMAL hymen tear.

Do not worry .

It will heal

My advise

1) Apply neosporin or any antiseptic cream at the area so that it heals quickly.

2) Do not have sex till 10 days which is the time it will take to heal.

3) Use lubricant the next time you have sex as it will prevent future tears.

Dr. Som MD