What Causes Painful Bump On Left Side Of Upper Lip?
You need a Complete removal of cyst & after care for healing.
Thanks for your query under HCM.
A bump on face affects personal appearance so becomes disturbing, though not very much painful. I understand your concern.
* The bean sized bump you have on your face on left side of upper lip, can be due to a couple of causes like- a hair root infection, sebaceous cyst /infection/ an allergy to cosmetics/ insect bite.But in your case, as it had drained only clear fluid- & is minimally tender- it's likely to be sebaceous cyst( Specially after skin trauma following shaving.)
* As it's already opened,& draining clear fluid- what is need of the moment is to express it out completely & to scrape out the lesion completely, as Sebaceous cysts tend to recur, if not removed completely.
- For this you would need help of your family physician. He may refer you to a surgeon if he feels it needful.
- Dressings with antibiotic ointment / oral antibiotic/ anti inflammatory pills may be needful as per doctor' s opinion.
- Vitamin B complex/ Vitamin C .help in early healing. It should heal within a weeks time.
* AS it is just a solitary lesion, had been only for once, I don't think it needs investigations. BUT if the problem recurs/ does not heal in time.. You need to get your blood sugar checked to exclude diabetes ( Diabetes hampers healing)
I hope the answer has provided sufficient information & help to you. Any follow up query is welcome.