What causes painful bump on base of penis?

Dr. Muhammed Aslam

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Penis Problems
Question: Painful bump on base of penis and vein or ligament going up the shaft. It hurts when masturbating pulling up hard, doesn't hurt to pee. Sharp tearing pain. Feels a little inflamed.
Answered by Dr. Muhammed Aslam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
soft tissue infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,welcome to health care magic forum.
I am dr aslam here to help you.
Your symptoms indicate a soft tissue infection. Most probably folliculitis. This can be treated with antibiotics like amoxicillin+cloxacillin/clavulonate along with analgesics for 5-7 days.sometimes it may also need a small incision and drainage to drain the pus if any.
Your doctor will guide you.
Hope your query is answered. Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Muhammed Aslam 11 hours later
Are you able to prescribe anibiotics?t
Answered by Dr. Muhammed Aslam 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
sorry

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
I am sorry to say that we are not allowed to give online prescription without a direct physical examination.
Kindly see your primary physician.
Wishing you a faster cure,
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D