What causes painful breathing?

Dr. Shashi Dangwal

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: When I take a breath my chest hurts sharply. Hurts in the back of what feels like my trachea when I lean backward. When I lean forward, it hurts more in the front of the trachea. When I tilt my head back, base of tongue through base of jaw hurts. Tilting my head forward is not painful. Walking or increased breathing, makes it hurt more.
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do consult a physician for a check up.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX,

Thanks for posting your query on HCM.

In view of meningococcal vaccine recently, I suggest you consult a physician, who can have a look at you, examine you and advise you accordingly though the vaccine is generally and these may only be known side effects of the vaccine.