• question-icon

    What causes painful boils on the inside of the foreskin?

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hii
Sir/mam i had got boils inside my skin of penis they r painfull while urinatng and when i try to clean them they r painfull i have 5-6boils
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
medical and surgical treatment options available.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, i can fully understand your concern.

First of all,you'll need to have an Urologist examination.
This is basically to decide, if you can be treated with medical or surgical approaches.

In either type of treatment ,first a course of antibiotic will be started.
Certain tests will be carried out like :
1. urine routine and culture.
2. blood routine,creatinine,RBS, platelets and LFT.
VDRL,HIV and HbsAg.

After 3 days or so,you'll be re-examined, so that the foreskin changes are noted.
Depending on changes,you'll be advised,
a). continue with medical treatment only.
b). undergo a circumcision surgery.

In circumcision,the foreskin is removed completely,along with the boils.
That's a permanent cure of your problem.

After medical treatment,if satisfactory improvement is seen,
complete the course of antibiotic with ointment locally.
Thereafter, penile hygiene is very important,as it can recur.

Hope you're clear about treatment options.
Feel free to clear all your doubts with me.
Mention all reports in your query,if any.

Wish you good health.

Dr.Matthew J. Mangat.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 34 hours later
Sir i think i had been effected by chancroid
Which doctor can exmine it
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chancroid is a STD.

Detailed Answer:

If you suspect chancroid, it can be managed by an Urologist or skin specialist.
If you want an expert opinion from me,send the reports.

Chancroid is a sexually transmitted disease( STD).
Avoid sex until complete healing has taken place.

Get the diagnosis confirmed by a doctor.
Chancroid, also has swelling in the groin area.
A PCR test can confirm the diagnosis.

If possible, you may send a photograph of the lesions.
Observe if there's any watery nor pus discharge fro that area.

Wish you good health.

Dr.Matthew J. Mangat.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Matthew J. Mangat


Practicing since :1981

Answered : 1897 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Creatinine

doctor1 MD

She is renal pt. from the last ten years and her serum criatinine is unstable between 2.0 to 2,8. she is working lady . In today report her blood...

doctor1 MD

My father was diagnosed with creatinine level 3.6, he was treated with wysolone, after that his creatine level dropped to 2.6, doctor told it will...

doctor1 MD

Hello SIr, My mother is having kidney problem & doctor has suggested dytor tablets. And also she is under going dialysis. Can you please let us...

doctor1 MD

hi sir....I m writing ds for my dad...he s diabetic,hypertensive nd hypercholestrimic ....nd he s been off job for a month....he complains of...

doctor1 MD

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for...

doctor1 MD

I feel completely dumb I can't concentrate I can't think straight I feel like I can't function has the time even though I am I'm having memory loss...

doctor1 MD

Sir, I am 59 years with no sugar and blood pressure problem . During routine yearly blood test , my Amylase and Lipase tests showed elevated...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

156 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Matthew J. Mangat
  • Q - What does discoloration on the penis head indicate?

  • Q - Is sexual intercourse after a varicocele operation risky?

  • Q - What does numbness in pelvic area after using weed indicate?

  • Q - What causes bowel and urinary discomfort post radiation for prostate...

  • Q - Is Moxicip advisable when on treatment for TB ?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for UTI and blood in urine

  • Q - Suggest treatment for intermittent pain in right testicle

  • Q - What do recurrent UTI and incontinence after TOT cystoscopy indicate?

  • Q - What do these below lab reports indicate?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for blood in urine, headaches and chills