What causes painful blisters on feet, rashes around stomach and pubic area?

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: To Hi,
11 days ago I had a 1 night stand with a girl and approximately 12 to 15 hours I got a rash around my stomach and pubic hair with small slightly itchy spots, the doctor said I had nothing to worry about and after about 5 days of using fucidin cream the spots cleared and the itchyness had practically subsided, however today I noticed small painful blisters on my feet and the is a very tiny painless almost unnoticeable dot on my penis. Because of these symptoms I am absolutely terrified I have contracted herpes due to the fact that these spots went away and the doctor said I had nothing to worry about would you say,my worry is unwarranted also none of these spots blisters
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Herpes infection unlikely. Superficial skin infection due to skin contact

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM
Genital Herpes and other type of Herpes simplex infection is unusual to appear over abdominal wall and pubic area and can not manifest within 12 hours after the exposure. They got cleared with application of Fucidin cream, reveals it could possibly be a hair folliculitis or any other superficial skin infection because close intimacy. Painful blisters over foot might not have any relation to your encounter and the painless spot over your penis would not have any clinical importance. A consultation with a Dermatolo-venereologist will answer all your doubts. Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan