What causes painful blistering lesions all over the body?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have been diagnosed by a rheumatologist with fibromyalgia. That was several years ago now. More recently I have been having problems with blistering lesions that burn like crazy when they burst. I have had them in all different areas of my body. On top of that I am having terrible problems with itching and burning in the genital areas. I am in menopause and have type 2 diabetes. My MD is concerned about me having lupus of the skin or systemic lupus. The itching is driving me crazy and making me miserable. Is there something I can do to help myself?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Upload pictures, take Antihistaminics

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I am Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, a dermatologist
I have gone through your complaints and it can be due to any autoimmune blistering diseases or lupus or sone drug rash.
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Meanwhile you can take antihistaminic like tablet Chlorpheniramine 4 mg twice daily.
This will relieve your itching.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj