• question-icon

What causes painful acne on the forehead?

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dear sir/mam
I am having painful acne on forehead one by one
One gone another come . My engagement is in August please help me I am really stressed
Acne is so painful and face looking so dull . From 3 to 4 months i am using benzoyl but no good result
Plz help
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Add an oral antibiotic e.g Doxycycline capsules

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr. kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
I suggest you to take an oral antiacne antibiotic e.g Microdox LBX capsules 100mg (doxycycline hydrochloride), twice daily for 2-4 weeks. It is a prescription medicine and can have side effects.
In addition topically you may use Clindoxyl gel (clindamycin 1% and benzoyl peroxide 5% combination gel), twice daily for active acne. This combination of clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide gel would be more effective than topical benzoyl peroxide gel used alone.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist