What causes pain with difficulty breathing?

Posted on Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in General Health
Question: I fell on a long thin needle and have really sharp pain in my lungs when I breathe and back shoulder blade pain. Moving around or bumps while driving also causes very sharp pain in chest. I had an X-ray and they said it was normal, but I can't take big breaths at all without severe pain all over my side of chest that needle pierced me. What could be causing so much pain? The needle entered maybe 2- 2 1/2 inches down from collarbone on left side. I pulled it out.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: No worries Detailed Answer: Good day XXXX Thank you for asking. I am Dr S Khan and i would like to help you with your pains and concern. XXX with a 2.5 inches deep trauma, Pain with difficulty breathing is common. Its so relieving that the work up came all fine and did not result into some serious trouble. Now for the pain , i would recommend simple rest and acetaminophen with some skeletal muscle relaxant. This pain would subside. I want you to meet a doctor if the problem persisted and repeat the work up and radio graphs to be on the safer road. Just don't worry and take good care of yourself. I will be here if you need me. Please close the discussion and have a very good day. regards Dr S Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan