question-icon

What causes pain while urination after non penetrative sex?

Posted on Tue, 22 Jul 2014
Question: Hi, I am 20 years old and about 2 weeks ago I performed anal on a girl. Now the tip of my penis hurts slightly while urinating and when I squeeze it it hurts after..but the pain fades within a couple minutes. Also i noticed a very slight discharge in my boxers..idk the color. Please help!
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Investigations and treatment are needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Noted the history. You started the problems after 2 weeks of anal intercourse and ( condom not used - it looks).

The present problem you have is a condition called urethritis.

I would suggest you the following:
First of to send the discharge from the urethra for gram staining and culture sensitivity. Ask for the blood tests for STDs.
You have to start the antibiotic treatment under the care of a Doctor as you need prescriptions for this.
Do not apply anything locally.
Drink plenty of water to flush the urinary system.

If the girls is known and you have regular sex with the same one, it is wise to ask her to take the same course of medicines.

No sex or masturbation to be done till you are healed.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon