What causes pain while taking deep breath?

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: why does it hurt when i take a deep breath and it seems like a cold because my voice is deep like a common cold
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. The pain that you get when you take a deep breath is most likely to be a musculoskeletal muscle pain. It will respond to rest, hot fomentation and routine anti-inflammatory painkillers if necessary.

2. Your voice will sound deep if you have sinusitis or nasal allergy. Sinusitis affects the resonance of the voice. Get an ENT check-up done for further evaluation and treatment.

I hope that I have answered your questions and if you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.

Regards.