What causes pain while swallowing food and hoarseness?
add Antacids, warm saline gargles, provide more details
Thank you for asking at HCM.
I went through your history and would like to make suggestions for you as follows:
1. As you have heart burns in past and now pain while swallowing and hoarseness of voice, I would first think of gastroesophageal reflux disease.
2. I usually prescribe my such patients an antacid like ranitidine or omeprazole for 4-6 weeks 30 minutes before meals.
3. I would also suggest you to avoid hot/spicy foods/beverages, smoking, alcohol, caffeinated beverages, etc during this period.
4. If you have constipation/irregular bowel habits, I would also suggest diet changes like plenty of liquids, high fiber diet, etc.
5. I would also suggest you regular warm saline gargles till your voice normalizes.
6. If you are overweight, please make efforts to normalize weight for long term health.
7. Regarding nasal allergies, I would like to know your nose symptoms in detail, how frequent, how long they last, which seasons, more symptoms during day or night, whether you smoke, your occupation, your environment, etc. Please give more details on follow-up.
Hope above suggestions will be helpful to you.
Should you have any further query, please feel free to ask on follow-up.
Wish you the best of the health ahead.
Thank you & Regards,
Dr Parin N Parmar
As far as nasal issues go. I had two incidents whete i was outsfde for a period. Last tine after taking leaves. On nostril haf terrible ticking and my noae would not stop running. This persisted for about 8 hours. Not sure if my issues are related.
please see the complete answer
Thank you for your follow-up.
Problems related to gastritis/gastroesophageal reflux can be aggravated by caffeinated drinks, stress, irregular food habits, spicy foods/hot foods, etc etc. That is why if you have repeated problems, usual duration of course of antacid is 4-6 weeks.
So, I feel, you are correct that your symptoms are "flaired up" by some specific foods/circumstances.
However, to confirm diagnosis, a consultation of a doctor is always necessary. Because no diagnosis is complete without direct examination by a doctor.
Nose allergies tend to have repeated symptoms, during particular seasons, in particular environment, at particular time of day, after particular foods, etc. A couple of incidents causing nose symptoms does not necessarily mean that you have "allergy". There are many causes for nose symptoms without allergies like infections, sinus problems, dust exposure, sudden temperature changes, smoke exposure, stress, hormonal changes, etc etc.
Both gastritis/heart burn and nose symptoms can be linked to stress, so make sure that stress is not an important factor for you. If it is, I would suggest you regular relaxation in addition to medications, which will help you on a long term basis.
Hope above information will be helpful to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hoarseness shortness of breath and night sweats what are causes
- What causes a hoarse cough
- What causes a hoarse throat
- What causes hoarse voice in pulmonary hypertension
- What could be the cause of hoarseness
- What causes hoarseness while taking aleve and zicam for cold
- What causes hoarse throat dizziness and fatigue
- What causes hoarseness of voiceear pain and headache
- What is the cause and treatment for persistent hoarse throat
- Hoarseness causes
- Are pressure below sternum and stomach distention symptoms of GERD?
- Suggest treatment for frequent urticaria and joint pains
- Suggest permanent treatment for allergy & nasal polyps
- Suggest alternative medicine for allergy
- Does Ventolin inhaler affect liver?
- What causes dizziness and gagging sensation?
- Suggest treatment for severe allergy
- Suggest nasal sprays and home remedies for sinus problem
- Suggest treatment for athlete s foot
- How long it takes Prednisone to ease asthma problems?