What causes pain while lifting shoulders?

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I get up from bed yesterday morning a pain my left shoulder. Whenever I lift my hands up to the side and reaches shoulder highroad with pain. When. I life it in front same thing pain. What Cloudan this be?
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take painkillers.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

If your symptoms occur first time then you should not worry about all that, it may be a simple muscle pull or fatigue during previous days heavy work or sometimes we sleep with arm underneath our head may also cause all this.

You should take tablet ibuprofen or naproxen, and apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening.

If pain does not stop then take muscle relaxant along with painkillers by prescription of your doctor.

Avoid doing heavy work for next 4-5 days.

I hope it helps.

You are further welcome to ask any health related query.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-chander-mohan-singh/67013

Thanks.

Dr.Singh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj