What causes pain upon sitting for long durations after recovery from partial hamstring tear?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I partially tore my hamstring almost a year ago. Partial tear right where the hamstring attaches to the sitz bone. I had it treated with stem cell injection. It seemed to heal, especially after a couple months of physical therapy. However, it still hurts if I sit for over about 30 minutes. Suggestions?
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be scarring or mild inflammation.

Detailed Answer:
The pain after sitting for a long time can be due to scarring or incomplete healing of the insertion. There can be mild inflammation also. This usually reduces after a hot compress. Few sessions of physiotherapy will also help. You can also have a mild pain killer to reduce the inflammation in the area. Having regular calcium supplements will also help. This seems to be a minor issue and will subside with the abovesaid measures.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal