question-icon

What causes pain under the right rib after an abortion?

Posted on Tue, 10 May 2016
Question: I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago. I've now started with pain under my right rib underneath. I had cirrhosis of the liver in 2010 but no longer drink. What could it be. I've been ok until now.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (41 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Possible galbladder issue

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM.
This is possible gallbladder stone which is common cause of such pain,but also if there is liver cirrhosis then some other disease should be considered and you need to do at least abdominal ultrasound and check your liver markers. I don't think this is related to your miscarriage. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon