question-icon

What causes pain under side of the right rib?

Posted on Fri, 6 May 2016
Question: Hi
For the last couple of weeks I have been experiencing pain in my bottom right rib, it don't hurt when I'm laying down or walking, just when I touch it or stretch into it. It's uncomfortable to drive also . The pain is on the Wright flank.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra (48 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Likely muscular or posture related but need more information.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

This kind of pain under side of right ribs is likely muscular pain or related to posture but I will need more information to rule out any other bone/ribs involvement.

How is the intensity of pain? Is it worrisome?
Have tried any pain killer medications or topical cream/ointment yet?
Is there any history of injury or trauma?
Is there is any other symptom associated with this pain?

Kindly get back to me with these answers,I will give my opinion after that.

Awaiting your response.

Dr.Sandip Kabra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Sandip Kabra