What causes pain under left arm and numb arm post gall bladder surgery?

Dr. Lohit K

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hi. I had a gallblader surgery in April 2014. Since then, I get pains under my left arm/side breast and my arm gets soar and numb. Additionally, I get pains on my left side (around my waist). Will you please let me know as to what this might be and what I should be doing about this?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Perimenopausal symptoms? PPI,B6&B12,Calcium.Exerci

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understood your concern.

Since all specialists and investigations have shown normal, I like to express my opinion based on experience which may help you.

Since all this started after surgery and all investigations including MRI are normal the cause may be due to hormonal variations (peri menopausal period) or due to neuropathy. So better to consult your gynecologist regarding hormone replacement therapy for some time as this may help you.

You may require multi vitamin supplements like Vit B6, B12 along with calcium and proton pump inhibitors(PPI) like pantoprazole/rabeprazole. Few of my patients with similar complaints has improved with these medications and hence I recommend the same to you.
Most important along these is regular exercise and nutritious food, maintaining weight, sugar, BP and lipid levels at normal range.

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health.