What causes pain under feet?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: my daughter has a pain on the bottom of herfoot near the ball of the foot, it is swollen, what could she have done??
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be a foreign body.

Detailed Answer:
The pain at the bottom of the foot with a swelling could be due to a foreign body like sting or a pin. The other cause could be a local infection or an inflammation of tendons or plantar fascia. This needs a direct examination by a physician to find the cause and start proper treatment. Till then avoid weight bearing on the foot and see if a hot compress helps.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal