What causes pain right above belly button?
Please visit your doctor for treatment.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen the photos that you have attached.
It seems to be Omphalitis or boil(may be hair root infection) inside the umbilicus.
Omphalitis basically infection of skin in that area(belly button). The swelling and redness due infection and inflammation.
The reason for this could be many like some local trauma,repeated friction etc.
You need to visit your doctor and get your self examined and treated for this.
Mostly you will need a course of oral as well as local antibiotic.
In mean time to reduce the discomfort you can take any analgesic that you have with you.
Wishing your good health.
I think visit to the doctor is necessary
Good to hear from you again.
I am afraid dear. This seems to be quite inflamed and infected.
You need oral antibiotics for this and proper evaluation by your doctor. So visit to the doctor is required.
You can take any analgesic that you have and you are comfortable with to get some relief from pain and discomfort that you have.
Keep the are clean and avoid friction to that part.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Coughing cause belly button pain
- What causes sharp pain behind the belly button
- Does hernia in belly button cause abdominal pain
- What causes leaky belly button
- What causes pain in lower belly
- What causes painful tiny white bumps on belly button
- What causes pain in belly button while urinating
- What causes pain below rib cage to belly button
- What could be cause of belly pains
- What causes hardening of the belly button