What causes pain, redness and itchiness in penis?
I AM GETTING WHITE DEPOSIT COVER ON THE TOP OF PENIS
PENIS ALSO HAS TURNED RED AND ITCHING
HAVING LOT OF PAIN WHILE PULLING MY FORESKIN
Kindly send details of the condition.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting your query.
After analyzing your query, the various symptoms indicates towards fungal infection of the affected area.
In order to help you best I request you to kindly provide certain important details :
- Since how long you have this condition.
- Is it for the first time you have got this problem or are gettingit recurrently.
- Are you Sexually active. If yes then is there any history of white discharge in your partner.
Hope to hear soon from your side.
Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD-DERMATOLOGY & Sexually transmitted diseases
this is first time I m having this problem.
I m sexually not much active as my wife is living at different location
there is no history of white discharge
Meet a dermatolgist and maintain good hygine till that time.
Welcome back and thanks for your swift follow up with further details.
After analyzing your complete query with diligence I can make out that you are suffering from candidal (fungal) infection of the glans penis area and there might be secondary infection at the affected area.
More specifically this is related to the hygiene especially in uncircumcised males. It is more common to find moist area at glans penis and frenulum (skin covering the glans penis) area which favors the growth of fungus. The fungus can be grown directly in an individual or by infection from the partner.
In your kind of situation it is quite important to treat the infection promptly and a close inspection to see the area for any secondary infection. For that I suggest you to meet a dermatologist near you and get yourself examined in person.
I additionally suggest you to get your blood sugar test done. As marginally raised blood sugar can also cause your kind of condition.
Till the time you meet a doctor I suggest you to wash your penile area for two times in a day. You can use a mild soap to wash the area. Wash it very gently and properly.
- As you are uncircumcised so it is quite important to retract your skin fully backwards and then wash the area.
- Wear cotton undergarments. Change these two times a day.
- Do not wear any synthetic or tight garments.
- To relieve the itching you can take an antihistamine such as cetrizine or loratadine one to two times.
I hope this information will help you.
Mupirocin cream can be applied.
Welcome back and thanks for your further follow up.
As the area is paining so it might be secondarily infected. In such cases a gentle washing as suggested before is quite important.
A cream containing Mupirocin (such as T bact cream ) can be applied over the affected area in a very thin layer till you personally meet a dermatologist.
For itching you can take Tab loratadine ( such as lorfast ) for two times.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause redness itchiness and pain in skin
- What causes red urethra with pain in penis
- What causes itchiness in penis
- What causes itchy red rash on the penis
- What is the cause of red bumps on penis
- What causes redness on the penis
- What causes red spots on penis
- What causes red on head of penis
- What causes red patch on penis
- What is the cause of penis turning red