What causes pain on the right-side of the spine?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi...since last Thursday, I have a sharp, constant, stabbing pain just under the trapezius on the right side, just right of the spine...It is constant, and has a secondary pain on the posterior side of the shoulder. I can find no comfortable position and when it triggers, it nearly takes my breath away.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Muscle spasm or sprain.

Detailed Answer:
The pain under the trapezius that you are having can be due to muscle spasm in the area or a muscle sprain. In addition to mild pain killer you can get an oral muscle relaxant prescribed for proper relief.
Applying a local analgesic gel in the area will also provide relief. Avoid all painful movements and give complete rest to the area for proper healing.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal