• question-icon

What causes pain on the right side of the neck and jaw?

Posted on Fri, 30 Jun 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have pain in the right side of my neck and jaw and now in my ear. at first it felt like muscle strain but now not sure. took some excedrin extra strength but did not help. should I call my doctor and get an appt. for tomorrow or just wait and see how I feel tomorrow. this has been building for a couple of days now.
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get xray done

Detailed Answer:

In my opinion you shouldn't ignore all that and get xray cervical spine done in AP and Lateral and then send me the report.

You are XXXXXXX cervical spospondylosis and I want to see present condition of vertebrae andin disc space in your xray.

You can visit orthopedic surgeon and discuss all that with him.

Till then have tab.aceclofenac100mg+thiocolchicoside4mg twice a day by prescription of your family doctor.

Apply hot packs.

Avoid any type of exercise.

I hope you got the point.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon