question-icon

What causes pain on the right side of the jaw?

Posted on Mon, 4 Jul 2016
Question: I am sitting at home and I suddenly feel pain on the right side of my jaw, but not like a tooth. Simply in the area of jaw, ear, and throat.
I am waiting of it to go away but it is enough for me to wonder what is causing it? I had a couple cups of coffee and some breakfast. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (27 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please consult laryngologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

The pain in this area can be caused by several issues including jaw joint inflammation, ear inflammation or salivary gland inflammation. Stone in the salivary gland canal can be the reason as well. Especially if the pain is more intense when swallowing.

I suggest you to consult laryngologist. Most of mentioned issues need medical attention.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon