What causes pain on the right side of the back and occurs only on movement?

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am having pain in the right side on my back. Only hurts when I move. Started 4 days ago. Hurts from should blade down to my waist .
Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
MUSCLE SPASM

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting the question.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.

Such kind of pain on right side of back which occurs only when you move,is most probably a result of muscle spasm.

Unknowingly,you may have strained a muscle on the right side of the back.This leads to spasm and pain.

I would advice you to take muscle relaxant tablets like thiocolchicoside/tizanidine/chlrzoxazone along with anti inflammatory tablets like tramadol/aceclofenac/etodolac.

Application of analgesic sprays over the affected area followed by hot fomentation should help.

Avoid lifting anything heavy or bending forward.

If you get no relief by these measures,you should consult a doctor and get a Xray done.

I hope the answer was useful.

Take care,
Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana