What causes pain on the left side of the chest?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: 36 year old female constant chest pain just left of sternum, more of a dull aching pain doesn't decrease changing position sitions or with breathing. sweating and dizziness as well please help
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be cardiac pain or due to gastritis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The pain on the left side of the chest that is constant can be related to gastritis, cardiac issues or a muscle pain. If there is an associated palpitation and sweating then a cardiac cause needs to be ruled out. A pain due to gastritis usually subsides on taking antacids and a muscular pain decreases with mild pain killers.
In case the pain is persistent then it is best to attend an ER for an evaluation.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal