What causes pain on right side of chest below breast?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 9 Sep 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am having pain on the right side of my chest just below the breast. I am a 65year old male who has two stent in right cardiovascular artery
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I recommend going to the ER to exclude acute coronary artery syndrome

Detailed Answer:

Hello!

Thank you for asking on HCM!

Your past medical history is very concerning for coronary artery disease.

Although you have two tents on your coronary arteries, the risk or occlusion of the stents or other coronary arteries is high.

So the pain you are feeling may be related to coronary artery disease.

I recommend to go to the ER as soon as possible for a physical evaluation, a resting ECG and cardiac enzymes to exclude a possible acute coronary artery syndrome.

Meanwhile I recommend measuring your blood pressure. If case of high blood pressure, you should take a sub-lingual nitroglycerin tablet, while going to ER.

Hope to have been of help!

Best wishes,
Dr. Iliri