Owl Image

What causes pain on bottom of foot near the toes?

Owl Image
Dr. Raju A.T

Question
I am experiencing pain on the bottom of my foot near my toes. There is no physical indication of any injury. I jog and am mildly active. Are there any ideas what this could be. I can walk fine, but there is discomfort.
Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Healthy Living

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
arthritis or ligament sprain

Detailed Answer:

Pain in the foot experienced while walking usually could be due to small joint arthritis or ligament sprain. Pain due to such problems do not appear in rest.

Do take Tab Motrin 400 mg twice a day for three days. This will for sure reduce the pain and provide you relief.

If the pain does not subside by three days do get an Xray of the feet done to identify the cause for the same.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

regards,