• question-icon

What causes pain, numbness in left hand, fingers and a oozing lesion?

Posted on Thu, 26 May 2016 in Lump
Question: I started with quite bad pin and needle pain in my left hand fingers. This developed yesterday to a throbbing pain in my left hand. Now I feel that my left hand is numb. I have something like a wart that my doctor said before was harmless on my upper arm however this has now become painful and bleeds regularly.

I have tried co-codamol to stop the pains. I had a cyst removed from my neck two days ago on the right hand side of my neck. I also have shooting pains down the arm.

Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nerve compression is the case.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

The left hand pain is either from the spine nerve compression or wrist nerve compression.
Carpal tunnel syndrome can be the case especially if the pain is in the first 3 fingers. It usually also gets more intense during the night.
If you have also back pain, headache, dizziness, spine disc herniation in the cervical area seems most probable.

To find the exact level of nerve compression you should consult neurologist and have EMG test done.

If the compression is identified, surgery can help.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon