What causes pain, numbness and tingling sensation on the shoulders?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: i have pain, numbness and tingling sensation on my left shoulder when I am doing something with my right hand(cutting vegetables, writing, typing, sometimes when sitting). why its like that?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely nerves compression, likely benefitted by Mecobalamin.

Detailed Answer:

Hi
Thanks for your query

I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It is likely to be compression in some of nerves in neck. Its cause can be cervical disc prolapse or muscular which can be deferentiated by MRI of cervical spine.

I will suggest you try analgesic such as ibuprofen and neurotrophic such as Mecobalamine. Both these drugs are available over the counter in most places. If symptoms don't resolve in a week or if you develop pain, you should consider MRI scan as discussed above.

Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon