Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

What causes pain inside the knee after an injury?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1041 Questions
I injured my knee just by standing up. felt a "tweak" and now I have 2 bubbles on kneecap that appear to be filled with fluid. . Hurts when I walk. Have been icing and heating on and off. Pain is on the inside of knee nowhere near bubbles.
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get x-ray done. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Pain inside the knee seems to be due to some ligament tear inside knee joint. It can be diagnosed accurately with physical examination, X-ray and MRI. Though there can be other possibilities. Thus the doctor may advise you x-ray and if need be then he may advise you MRI. You can discuss the report with your doctor. Your doctor will do inspection and palpation of your knee joint and compare his findings with your x-ray report. Do not worry about bubbles on knee cap. These seem to be blisters. Please do not apply ice and heat together as it may increase the size of bubbles/blisters. Do not try to puncture your blisters by yourself. Let your doctor assess you. For pain you may take 1 tablet aceclofenac + serratiopeptidase 3 times a day by discussing it with your doctor. Please do not take any medicine without prescription of your doctor. Try to avoid running and prolong standing for at least 3 weeks. I hope you have got your answer. Let me know if I can assist you further. Thanks. Dr.Singh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor