What causes pain in wrist?
Now, the first two ares are no longer painful. Also, have developed pain at the base of my spine on the right side. I am concerned because i suffered a tick bite to my right shoulder about the first week in August.
The past few days I have felt lethargic and like a cold was developing...but no headache, sore throat, etc
Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.
You have migrating poly arthritis/polyarthralgia.
Although most tick bites do not transmit pathogens, some bites do. Polyarthritis following tick bite can be due to Lyme disease(Polyarthralgias occur days to weeks after tick bite)
Diagnosis of Lyme disease is aided by serologic testing (antibody testing by ELISA), and if positive, follow-up with Western blot testing for both immunoglobulin G and M antibodies. By 6-8 weeks of infection, most patients will have an appropriate antibody response.
Alternatively tick bite is incidental and your migrating polyarthralgia may be a manifestation of connective tissue disease(common cause of migrating polyarthralgia ) & I will advise you to undergo C-reactive protein,ESR(fasting) and ANA (anti-nuclear antibody test) as initial screening.
Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause frequent sharp pain in wrists
- What causes bilateral wrist pain
- What causes pain in ankles and wrist
- What is the cause of stiff and painful wrists
- What is the cause for wrist pain
- What causes swelling and pain in wrist after an injury
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What causes painful bumps on wrists
- What is the cause for painful movement in my wrist
- What is the cause of bilateral hand and wrist pain
- What causes dizzness after waking up?
- What causes oculogyric crisis?
- What causes low blood pressure level after taking Propafenone?
- Is Otrivin nasal drop safe for children?
- What casues dark brown urine while on Xeralto?
- What causes slurred speech and involuntary muscle movements?
- What are the chances of pregnancy after having intercourse post...
- Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence and swollen lymph nodes
- Suggest treatment for accidental exposure to high dB noise
- What are some primary, secondary and tertiary preventative measures for...