question-icon

What causes pain in veins of the testicles?

Posted on Thu, 24 Jul 2014
Question: my pain comes not from the testicle but from the veins that seem to bunch together and form a mass. The pain or ache does not throb but is constant . It pain does seem to come and go to some degree. I do have an enlarged prostate and have had the heat treatment and the roto rooter surgeries. I also have extrememly slow flow at nightly bathroom visits. Daytime is much better flow. any thoughts on this condition?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
varicocele

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

If the mass you are able to palpate is noodles like, the source of pain is varicocele. This condition is caused by testicular vein enlargement. Due to impeded blood flow through this veins you get pain and discomfort.
However it is also necessary to consider and rule out testis cancer.
Please consult urologist and have testis ultrasound. Varicocele can be fixed with laparoscopy.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.

Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon