What causes pain in upper right abdomen, under rib cage and yellow colour urine?
Ultrasonography and blood tests and further tests and management
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
To recapitulate: Male/37 - mild pain right upper abdomen - hard when pressed - painful under rib cage - urine very yellow....
This is a self explanatory history. It seems that you have problems related to the gall bladder, bile ducts or liver.
I would advise you the following:
Urgent ultrasonography of the abdomen.
Tests of blood for routine and liver function tests.
Tests of urine and stool.
Once a tentative diagnosis has been made to go for further tests preferably under the guidance of a Gastroenterologist or a General Surgeon as per the reports and to go ahead with the definitive medication or surgery if/as indicated.
I hope this answer helps you to get the earliest and proper diagnosis and a proper curative management, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes terrible cough and pain under my rib cage
- What causes flutter under right rib cage
- What causes pain in upper right rib cage area
- What causes pain under the right rib cage
- What causes breathing problems and pain under my rib cage
- What causes sharp pain and swelling under my rib cage
- What causes pain under eft rib cage and eyelid spasms
- What causes headache and pain under my rib cage
- Pain under right rib cage causes
- Causes of pain on right rib cage