What causes pain in upper mid stomach?

Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 12 Jul 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi I am a 22 year old female . About a couple days ago I started having pain in my upper mid stomach and today it's gotten really bad it hurts to breath and I'm super bloated and I can't even try to suck my stomach in . I also feel like a burning sensation inside of my stomach.I was wondering what's causing all this pain and bloating in the middle of my stomach .
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
could be gastritis

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

Your symptoms suggest you may be suffering from gastritis most likely. In this the acid production of stomach will be more which reacts with stomach lining and cause burning sensation.

Also it causes indigestion and bloating sensation and other of your symptoms.

If such a patient comes to me I advice them following treatment
1)start with acid inhibitors like pantoprazole with levosulpiride . Levosulpiride reduces bloating sensation. It should be taken 30mins before having breakfast or dinner. Daily twice. You need to complete course of 4weeks.

2)in your diet reduce intake of spicy and oily foods and tea and coffee and alcohol. Try to take as much as possible a bland diet.

3)after eating don't sleep immediately. Keep 2 hrs difference.

4)if you are over weight then reduce weight.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj