What causes pain in upper leg near the groin area while walking?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Top of my leg near groin hurts when I walk, climb stairs or bend over. I can move my leg back without pain, I cannot move my leg forward without pain
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be because of multiple reasons.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

This complain can be because of multiple reasons which include.

1) Muscle spasm.
2) Spine issues.
3) Nerve compression.

Here is the plan for treatment which I would suggest you.

1) Take good rest.
2) Warm the area of pain with warm water bottle this relieves the spasm.
3) Don't over stretch your hip joint.
4) Take Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day for pain and inflammation.
5) Use calcium vitamin D tablets once a day.
6) I would also suggest similar patients in my clinic to use Tablet tizanidine to relax the muscles of the effected area.
7) If this doesn't improve in 5 days it's advised to visit your doctor to get complete checkup and investigations if your doctor deems necessary.

I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask,otherwise close the discussion and rate it.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..