What causes pain in upper chest post alcohol consumption?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello! For some months now, I developed a strange reaction to alcohol. From the first or second sip, I get an aching feeling in my upper chest, just below the clavicles, in my clavicles that feels somewhat like a bone pain then goes, to my shoulders and my upper arm, most of the time on my left side, where it feels more like muscular pain. These feelings of pressure and pain last for about 10-15 minutes and then subside regarding of the fact that I keep drinking or not. I was wondering if you could have an idea of what is causing this, and if I should get it checked out, and where? Thank you so much for your time.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be esophagitis

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Your symptoms are due an inflammation of the esophagus (food pipe ).The alcohol precipitates the pain.
An endoscopic examination of the esophagus is likely to reveal the inflammation.