What causes pain in upper back and shoulder with history of shoulder dislocations?
Needs supportive care
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Pain in upper back and shoulder with history of shoulder dislocations and repeated easy dislocations and hypertrophic degenerative changes in the thoracic spine are connected and needs supportive care. At age of 83 i am afraid we dont have much options other than adequate painkillers, muscle relaxants, physiotherapy exercises, keeping range of mobility , use of calcium and vitamiN D supplements and rest. If the pain is severe, we can consider epidural corticosteroids shot for the spine as well as the shoulder for the relief of the pain.
Talk to your pain management expert and let them decide what is best for you. I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain between the back shoulder blades
- Upper back pain causes cancer
- What causes itching on the thighs buttocks shoulders and back
- Does crestor cause shoulder and back pain
- What causes shoulder and back pain after ectopic surgery
- What causes upper back pain
- What causes severe pain in the upper back shoulders
- Can a liver inflammation cause back and shoulder pain
- Can radiation cause back shoulder blade pain
- What causes chronic back and shoulder pain