What causes pain in toes?
Can be due to plantar fasciitis.
Thanks for posting your query.
This could most probably be plantar fasciitis.
It hurts the most with the first few steps because the plantar fascia is tight and has not stretched out yet, and throughout the day it loosens up. The best thing you can do is when you wake up in the morning, before getting out of bed and taking a step, give yourself a little foot rub.
There are many things you can try to help your feet get better:
Give your feet a rest. Cut back on activities that make your feet hurt. Try not to walk or run on hard surfaces.
Use shoes with good arch support and a cushioned sole.
To reduce pain and swelling, try putting ice under your toes. Or take an over-the-counter pain reliever like ibuprofen (Motrin).
Do toe stretches, calf stretches and towel stretches several times a day, especially when you first get up in the morning.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Less liekly to affect both teh feet.
Thanks for writing again.
The nerve related pains are usually shooting pains and are less likely to be bilateral. You can consult a neurologist to find out the cause. Getting your blood glucose levels evaluated will also help.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes slight pain on right big toe
- Toe pain causes
- What causes numbness swollen and painful toes
- What causes increasing pain and numbness in toes
- What are the causes for pain and swelling in toes
- What is the cause for itchy swollen and painful toe
- What causes pain and numbness in toes and foot
- What causes pain in middle toes
- What causes pain in toe while walking
- Big toe pain causes
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?