What causes pain in toe joint?

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: hi i am 51yrs. I notice today my left toe, the joint where it is attached to the foot is paining. i am experiencing a stinging pain which last for about 2sec and is coming on regularly. today is very cold and rainy. Is that arthritis? Also could i take to relieve or assists?
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It may be arthritis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query carefully and with such brief duration of pain osteoarthritis seems to be the cause.
Having siaid that I would like to know about-
1.Do you have redness,along with warm and tender to touch?
2.Blood test for serum uric acid?
Meanwhile you may take rest,Ice fomentation and pain killer like Ibuprofen.
Looking forward to your reply.
Follow up: Dr. Mukesh Chugh 14 minutes later
Hi Doctor thanks for your reply. It is not painful on touch nor is it appears to be red.
Based on this what could it be. I have not done a CBC or uric acid test for a while
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looks to be the common Osteoarthrosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
It's good to see you
After going through the whole discussion,it looks to be degenerative osteoarthrosis.You will get better by taking the medicine as discussed earlier.

If you further query please ask or may close the present discussion.
Wishing you good health and take care.