What causes pain in thighs of a person with polio?
Clinical evaluation and investigations.
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate: Male/40 - polio both legs more on right - till now had all activities without support - started feeling thighs and foot - can not stand for long - right foot pain and swells from below - Wants to know what ought to be done...
Since till now had no problems, but started with the complaints at the age of 40 needs the following:
- Clinical evaluation by your Doctor, preferably Orthopedic Surgeon.
- Color doppler to rule out varicose veins or DVT.
- Tests of blood and urine. To rule out anemia and less proteins in the blood.
The clinical evaluation and examination will help to decide the cause and possible treatment. Since this is a specialized field, you need to consult the Specialist in the said field.
This is very important that it be done at the earliest as you need an early diagnosis and proper management.
Till you get these things done, take rest.
Elevate the lower limbs above the heart level in lying down position so that the swelling will get reduced the fastest.
I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis