What causes pain in the upper thigh and lower back?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 21 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: I haven't seen my Doctor yet I he has been on vacation but I have an appointment in which weeks , I think I am about almost 6 weeks pregnant and have upper left thigh pain . like an ache with some achy back pain. should I be worried. it took us a while to conceive and I am a bit worried
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Muscular pain likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The pain in the upper thigh and lower back is likely to be a muscular pain. This is not related to pregnancy. It is more likely to be a postural pain. Taking a diet rich in calcium, magnesium and vitamin D3 will help. You can also do a hot compress to relax these muscles. It is nothing worrisome. Adequate rest will help in subsiding the pain.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 minutes later
ok thank you
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thank you.
I am happy I could help.
Please do recommend our services to others too in case you found them helpful. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
Best regards.