What causes pain in the upper right abdomen especially after eating something?
for almost a year now I have been having annoying aches in my upper right abdomen. Sometimes goes to my back, sometimes goes to my left side but is mainly my right. Suspected gallstones and ultrasound came back clear. Pain has never gotten worse, but it comes and goes and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat, but it does show up after I eat something.
Can be due to gastritis or gastric ulcers.
I carefully read your question and understand your concern.
As ultrasound report is normal a possibility is that
you have stomach ulcer.
Due to the food irritating the stomach mucosa directly as it touches it, we get pain which is related to eating.
Stomach ulcer usually causes pain soon after eating and is better a couple of hours after eating.
My suggestions are:
1. Get an endoscopy of gut done to see possibility of gastritis (inflammation of gut wall).
2. Take Tab Omeprazole twice daily its an antacid and prevent the formation of acid. Take it for 5 days and see if pain respond to it.
Hope I was helpful.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in abdomen and right testicle
- Cause for pain in the upper right abdomen
- What is the cause of right upper quadrant pain
- What causes continuous vomiting and upper abdomen pain
- What is the cause for pain in right lower abdomen
- What causes right sided upper abdominal pain
- What are the causes of abdomen pain
- What is causing right upper muscle pain
- What causes radiating pain in the upper quadrant of abdomen
- What causes pain in upper extreme left of the abdomen