What causes pain in the upper middle part of the abdomen?

Dr. Eni

Posted on Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in General Health
Question: I have pain in the upper, center of the stomach area what could cause that?
Answered by Dr. Eni 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely a stomach ulcer from pain medication

Detailed Answer:
Dear ma'am,
Pain located in the area described above can be originating from your stomach or pancreas.
I would exclude pancreas as a possible cause since you have nothing in your history suggesting this, and on the other hand the fact that you use pain medicine (anti inflammatory drugs) means that your stomach is under attack and an ulcer may be developing.
Now, I would suggest you to switch to other pain medication, like paracetamol, that does not have this problem.
I would also recommend you to start using Protein Pump Inhibiting drugs, such as Omeprazole 20mg for at least 4 weeks.
But you will need a prescription from your doctor, so you better visit your doctor and he/she can also find the most appropriate pain alleviation drug for you.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health and Happy New Year, ma'am!
Manoku Eni M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T