What causes pain in the upper abdomen and weight loss?
Further evaluation needed
thank you for posting your query at HCM.
noticed your current symptoms.
as pain is accompanied with loss of weight and since your age>55, so i would strongly recommend you to visit gastroenterologist and undergo endoscopic examination. The endoscopic examination will help to grossly view the gastrointestinal tract and further course of action maybe advised accordingly.
endoscopy is usually recommended in a patient presenting with epigastric pain(dyspepsia) alongwith the presence of ALARM symptoms:
A is Age>55,
L is Loss of weight;
A is anemia;
R is rapid onset of progressive symptoms ( pain followed by dysphagia /nausea);
M is Melena (black stool)
therefore, in your case, endoscopy is highly recommended.
meanwhile advice is:
OTC antacid like pantoprazole
decrease salt intake
abstain from alcohol and smoking (if positive history)
intake fruits rich in vitamin C
ingest less spicy food
ingest green vegetables
Hope to answer your concern.
Any further questions are welcomed.
Health professionals aim to diagnose properly and manage patients according to their limited knowledge. Cure is blessed by the ONE who Created us, whose power and knowledge is unlimited .
If no further questions, kindly rate the answer and close the dialogue box.
Wish you good and sound health.
Dr Tayyab Malik
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the causes of slow weight loss
- What is the cause of dizziness and rapid weight loss
- What causes abdominal discomfortbloating and weight loss with constipation
- Weight loss pain diarrhea is cause of death sepsis
- What causes sudden weight loss with anxiety
- What causes sudden weight loss and pain in neck
- Persistent vomiting weight loss what could be the cause
- What causes weight loss in a new born baby
- What causes drastic weight loss
- Weight loss and pelvic pain cause