• question-icon

What causes pain in the testicle and groin area after ejaculation?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi I am 18 and for the past 2 months, after I ejaculate I get a burning pain to the right and behind of my right testicle and in my groin, it lasts around 2 days. I have had blood and urine Tests which have all come up clear of std's and infection. What could this be?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Incidental, observe only!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed this information and this pain is not suggestive of any specific disease condition. I strongly believe that this will resolve spontaneously and needs no medical attention. Unless it gets worse to it get associated with other symptoms such as painful frequent urination, fever, etc., there is no need to get worried.

With initial test results good, this further strengthens the thought of this being incidental and not suggestive of a disease condition.

Keep me updated on how you respond to this. I greatly appreciate feedback from client.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 15 minutes later
Thanks for the reply, this happened last week and the burning pain did go away but I felt nautious and a mild pain in my stomach for the rest of the week. I had a cholonoscopy and nothing out of the usual so I'm back to urology. I ejaculated last night and the pain came back. What shall I do moving forward? Do you suggest not masterbating for a while?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO masturbation, observe only!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed this information fully. There is no reason to panic. Observe only for now. Pause with masturbation and we will understand more. You must stop being worried because it only makes your feel bad whereas nothing terrible is going on.

Keep me posted....
I wish you well.
Do you think it will go away in the ear future and how long should I wait before going to the hospital? A month?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
3months!

Detailed Answer:

I will recommend waiting three months unless your pain is too disturbing. How bad is your pain?

Thanks
Dr. Chobufo Ditah