What causes pain in the temple region while having tooth infection?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Dental Health
Question: after tooth infection I been taking care of it with amoxicillin then after getting rid of tooth pain I had pain in my temple area and now it's spread to back of my neck
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Does not seems to be related to tooth infection..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

As per your complain and the image attached the area that you are pointing out to be painful does not seems to be due to tooth related infection and can be due to other causes like localised infection in that area, can be related to ear related infection etc but does not seems to be due to tooth infection..
Infected hair roots or hair follicles can be another cause..

So for confirmation consult a Medicine Specialist or an ENT expert and get evaluated..
You can be advised an x ray of the area if needed to rule out the cause..

Meanwhile continue taking antibiotic amoxicillin three times a day along with anti-inflammatory painkillers like Ibuprofen and do cool compresses over the painful area..
Avoid touching it again and again to prevent further discomfort..

Please write back for further queries..

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana