What causes pain in the shoulder muscles and biceps while turning the head?

Question
When I turn my head to the right the muscles in my right shoulder and bisep are painful.
Mon, 28 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may be muscle spasm as well

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

There may be some spasm of the muscles in this area.

The use of the aspirin and lidocaine is fine though if the aspirin is not working for you , you may want to use an alternative pain killer such as aleve or ibuprofen

Additionally applying a warm compress to the area would help to reduce the pain. This can be done 2 to 3 times a day for 10 to 15 mins.

Avoiding any aggravating movements for at least 24 to 36 hours would also be helpful.

If there is no relief or your symptoms worsen, then you may also need a prescription from your doctor for a muscle relaxant.

i hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions